Friday, May 27, 2022
California News Headlines


100-Year-Old Man Dead After Slashing Spree In Encino, Suspect Arrested

A 100-year-old man was dead Thursday after a man went on a slashing spree in Encino, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

By CBS Los Angeles , in Los Angeles , at March 19, 2021

original article published at https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/19/encino-slashing-spree-100-year-old-man-dead-suspect-in-custody/

ENCINO (CBSLA) — A 100-year-old man was dead Thursday after a man went on a slashing spree in Encino, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

100-year-old man was dead Thursday after a man went on a slashing spree in Encino. (CBSLA)

According to police, West Valley patrol officers responded to a call for an assault with a deadly weapon in the 4400 block of Coronet Drive where the victim and witnesses directed officers to a white male suspect who was taken into custody without incident.

Officers said an axe and a knife were recovered at the scene. The victim sustained minor injuries and did not require treatment.

“There was an officer that basically told me to stay indoors and there’s a guy with a machete who is walking around here,” David Ginsburg, a neighbor, said. “They just wanted us to be safe.”

Police said the suspect had a dog with him. Animal control was called to the scene and took the animal into protective custody.

About an hour later, West Valley patrol officers responded to a home in the 17700 block of Alonzo Place where a 100-year-old man was found dead with numerous contusions and lacerations.

Police announced late Thursday night the suspect, 47-year-old Adam Dimmerman, had been booked on suspicion of murder. He was being held on $2 million bail.

Anyone with information was asked to call Det. Steve Castro at 818-374-1925.

Comments